Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Future Corpses

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been crazy busy, and was out of town over the weekend. I did get a shit ton of records this past week though, I have a lot of catching up to do. In the mean time, here's a record that I've been spinning for a while now. The almighty Iron Lung - "Sexless//No Sex" 12", repress on Prank Records, transparent "peach" vinyl with some red, 45 RPM.
Admittedly, this is the first Iron Lung full-length I've owned. I've been a fan for a while, of course, but never got around to actually getting a record. I think I made the right choice by choosing this one first. From front to back, this is a fantastic modern powerviolence record. The production is punishing, and the delivery is just tough as nails. I believe this is a concept record too, or at least made up of several opus's. Of course, this has "Future Corpses" on it, which has become a staple of their set-list. But really the whole record is brilliant. My guitar playing, in terms of writing riffs, is very inspired by this band.
Very elaborate pen/ink drawing. I never really thought this was a good cover until I got this record and held it in my hand. I still don't know exactly what I'm looking at though. It's like a semi-gothic, abstract, Lovcraftian-humanoid thing. 
"Cancer" is one of my favorite songs on here. I get a definite early Swans vibe.
Double sided insert with lyrics, and excellent artwork from Feeding.
Never seen this colour of vinyl before. It's like very light/peach vinyl. 
Since this is a repress, it's very widely available now. Perfect chance to get this awesome album. Buy or die.


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment