Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Slimewave #2

Wow, these pictures are shitty even by my standards. Fuck all. Anywho, I've recently acquired a few of the Slimewave 7"s that I've been missing from my collection. I now have all but the XXX Maniak/Throatplunger 7", and once I get that I'll do a collection post. Here's one that my friend picked up for me in Philly. This is the Cripple Bastards/Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition split(#2 our of the 6 in the series), 45 rpm, white/blue splatter vinyl.
For those who don't know, back in 2006-07 Relapse Records did a series of 7" splits highlighting some of the more extreme/perverse bands in the grind genre. The cover art to each one had a piece of a bigger picture of an alien autopsy that would come together once you had every one. It was a cool idea, and it made them very collectable. Of course they later did a CD compilation of all the tracks once the splits were OOP. 
Out of all the Slimewave 7"s I have, this one sounds the best, and I'm not sure why. The pressing is very clear and not noisy, which is very refreshing. Side A is the Cripple Bastards, who I'm admittedly not a big fan of, but their side has some choice cuts that would later appear on their incredibly "meh" "Variante Alla Morte" full length. These are some of the better and more straight forward songs from that record. Nice.
I haven't owned a SCD release up till this point, and I'm not in any real hurry to get another one. They play the groovy, down-tuned, 2-minute songs goregrind style and they do it well, but I honestly can't remember anything about their side. I know that the end of the 2nd track had a sweet riff, but even still I can't remember what it sounds like. I'll have to listen to it again I guess.
Exceptionally good looking vinyl right here. Very classy and delicious looking white with blue splatter vinyl. Love it to death!!
To the people who will find this last photo this last photo humorous, your welcome. Probably would have been a better fit for the Total Fucking Destruction split. Oh well.


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment