Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Drugged Conscience

Holy grail #2, and the 2nd ANb record I acquired is the Enemy Soil/ANb split 7", black vinyl, 33 RPM.

You could say that this 7" is responsible for later day ANb and Pig Destroyer; JR and Brain of PD were in Enemy Soil during the time this was released, and Richard Johnson, who would collaborate with ANb and Pig Destroyer numerous times over the years.

The Enemy Soil side rips, it really makes me realize that I need to listen to them more. I can definitely hear some Pig Destroyer-isms with these songs. Good groove, manic vocals and some occasional weird chords. Brian's drumming is top notch as always. The ANb side is better than their "s/t", in my opinion. You can hear some familiar Scott Hull nuances starting to form; off-time grooves and interesting slower passages. Excellent split.



~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment