Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Hellbreaker

This record right here, I've been calling it my favorite release of 2013. I still stand by that, and will use it as an answer without pause. A monumental split 12" release between two excellent bands, Triac and Disciples of Christ (D.O.C.), released on RSR, clear vinyl, 45 RPM.

I can't say enough good things about this record. Both sides are equally perfect, in every way. D.O.C.'s side is caked in distortion and filthy lo-fi production, but still manages to be tough as hell, and even a little catchy. It's disgustingly great.I had the pleasure of seeing them at MDF a couple weeks ago, and they're as intense live as on record. Triac's side is an absolutely face shredder. The sounds are a bit more modern-grind sounding, but are completely pummeling and as pretty as a rusty saw blade to the face. Essential grindcore.

Best looking packaging I've seen from RSR too. Beautiful matte sleeve covered in fantastic artwork, with a double sided insert. Quality stuff. Love the Psychic TV homage aesthetic too. The clear vinyl is limited to 100 copies too! I somehow managed to get one from TLAL. Not complaining.

Buy or cry, this thing will destroy you.



~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment