Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Tighten Your Belts

Lycanthrophy is probably a name you've seen pop up a lot in many grindcore circles and distro's, and hopefully, you haven't passed them by, because this band truly is awesome. They've been around for many years, and I do think they are one of the best grind bands to come out of the Czech Republic. Right up their with Needful Thing and Gride for me. The best stuff I've heard from them by far is their sole full length, "Lycanthrophy", black vinyl, 45 RPM.

A brilliant record, very overlooked. This 20 song record is a beautiful 15 minute blaster of non-stop rip-dick fastcore. Fastcore with huge grindcore influence, mind you. The band really has a modern sound on here, pristine and heavy recording, cleaned up very well. More Rotten Sound then Hellnation. It's some intense stuff, but still has some catchy ass riffs, and I'm sure most will have a lot of fun listening to this. People who can get down with bands like Six Brew Bantha and Idiots Parade should be heading to these guys next. 

The cover art was definitely a grower for me. It's still cheesy and crude looking, but it has charm. I dig it.

I do believe this is getting a US reissue from Give Praise Records. The LP has only been issued in Europe so far, so getting something out their more domestically would be nice.

~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment