Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

...Where My Heart Used To Be

I played a show last Saturday, and I got to see a lot of really excellent bands. The one, odd, hardcore band that was on the bill was this band, Colony. Apparently, they're from Upstate, NY, where I also am. Fancy that. Anyways, their live show was one of the most intense, violent, aggressive live shows I've seen in a while. I had to pick up both of their 7"s. Here is their "s/t" 7", pink vinyl, 33 RPM.

This is a very excellent 7 song EP. Overall, Colony play a very heavy, down-tempo style of hardcore, with a little bit of metallic-ism thrown in. It definitely isn't as violent as their live show, but the recording is excellent, and the pressing if very good. The song "...Where My Heart Used To Be" has to be my favorite on the whole thing. It's a dark, heavy, loathsome piece of hardcore. 

Not very interesting cover art, but it's alright. This is limited to 315 copies, and I'm not exactly sure how many are pressed on pink, but I do know it's the more limited variant. I got #297.

Cool image inside the sleeve. I'm not sure where it's from. Anybody know?


You can pick this up in a few distros. Check out their facebook and their bandcamp. Good stuff.


~VII

1 comment:

  1. such a fantastic EP. can't dig their new split with divider as much though.

    ReplyDelete