Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Destroy Mankind

I've added a lot of pieces to my Suffering Mind collection, who have definitely been one of my main grindcore loves for the past couple months. I'm still missing a few choice records (I don't think I'll ever get those 2" and 3" lathe records...), but the other records are definitely within my grasp. This is their first 7" record; "Destroy Mankind", black vinyl, 33 RPM.
Solid 5 song EP from the band. Blisteringly fast, crusty grindcore, not as many ridiculous stop-start riffs as they do now, but that's not a big deal to me. Ula's vocals are definitely in their beginning stages, the lows aren't as low and guttural, but she definitely does a great job. I think she's one of the better female grindcore vocalists. It's a bit of a bummer she's not in the band anymore. 
Standard looking grindcore artwork. I'm not a fan of how the logo looks on this release, it has these weird 3D shadows on it, but I'm just nitpicking their. This really is a great looking package, I was very surprised when I got it. Solid, glued sleeve, and it even has a spine. I've never had a 7" that had a spine before, I'm very happy with this.
Rubbish picture of the spine, but it's really the best I could do. 
Glossy double-sided insert.
Someone sell me the lathe records and their split with Lycanthrophy right the fuck now!


~VII

1 comment:

  1. Indeed you do, Sean. I peeped at your "On The Way" list a few minutes ago. Very glad to see some The Afternoon Gentlemen and Suffering Mind records on there!

    ReplyDelete