Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Inalienable-Fucking-Dreamless

   Happy goddamn Record Store Day y'all. Hope you all had a blast going to your local record stores and supporting them and the artists by giving them your money! I know I did, I got this little beauty right here. Pioneering, technical, forward thinking grindcore at it's finest. I've wanted Discordance Axis - "The Inalienable Dreamless" ever since I got into grindcore, and the only copy I saw for sale was a used CD version on Amazon.com for about 35 bucks. So to have it on vinyl is outstanding. Limited to 300 copies on black vinyl, repressed for Record Store Day by Hydra Head records.
   Unfortuatly, due to my shitty camera, I can't take as many pictures as I wanted (or have them turn out presentable in any way). But this piece of wax is a beauty. The stark, landscape cover artwork is quite a contrast to the chaotic, dissonant grindcore it holds. 
The vinyl sounds pretty good, the bass levels are up pretty high though, so some of the higher note riffs don't come out to well, which is a bit of a disappointment, but it sure as hell doesn't take any of the intensity away. 

   Hydra Head was kind enough to include the DVD sized booklet the earlier pressings came with. Hard-to-read font and everything. 
More beautiful ocean landscape.
   Hydra Head sold out of these things real quick, so good luck trying to find one outside of ebay. But if you find one for cheap, do yourself a favor and get it. I promise you you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment