Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Archagathagorearchy

I actually acquired this today! As well as some other choice jams that I can't wait to listen to and post about. I was really hoping I would be able to add this to my collection, and Blisteredmind (search his distro on tumblr) helped me out yet again!Here is the "Archagathagorearchy EP", black flexi, single sided, 33 RPM. No idea how limited it is.

The "Archagathagorearchy EP", is a modest split between Archagathus and the brother band Violent Gorge, who share pretty much the entire band. This is, from what I can tell, a selection of live songs from their sets at the Leatherhouse venue (the only place I would ever want to play if I performed in Ohio). Archx play two of my favorite songs, "Hair Dresser" and "Fuckin' Ebola". Violent Gorge have 3 songs, and since I am honestly pretty new to the band I can't tell is these are new or not. My guess is that their not. Good stuff though! More of a pummeling, straightforward grindcore sound with a gory edge that I'm definitely in favor of. The recording isn't the best, the guitars are sometimes completely drowned out, but it's a neat gem of a record. I really dig the hell out of fun releases like this.


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment