Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cause Celebre

Here's that other 7" I mentioned in my Suffering Mind/Protestant post. The Shoppers/Panzram - split 7", black vinyl, 33 RPM.
As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of Shoppers only full length, "Silver Year". And unfortunatly, this is their final release. They broke up about a month ago, right before I was about to play a show with them and Cloud Rat. Super bummed I didn't get a chance to see them live. Anyway, two new tracks from them, same blown out, distorted pop-punk/shoegaze material. Something like Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine and Bikini Kill all mixed in one. Great stuff. Panzram play noisy hardcore, 2 tracks from them as well. The blown out production compliments the Shoppers side, and I think they fit well together. 

Nice, thick sleeve with screen-printed cover art. Very lovely package.

I picked this up from Halo of Flies, and it's definitely in a few other distros. Pick it up!


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment