Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mm...Food

Doing a 180 today and posting about a hip-hop album. This is one of the two records I picked up at Kim's Records on my NTC weekend excursion. Most readers of this blog might not know, but I am a huge fan of hip-hop. And this fellow here, MF DOOM, happens to be one of my favorites in the game. Here's "Mm...Food", 2x12", black vinyl, 33 RPM.
MF DOOM is an absolute beast, and this is an album that many of my friends told me that I had to get. Prior, I was in love with DOOM's collaboration albums, like "Madvillainy" and "DangerDoom". This album is good, but definitely not my favorite of his works. Sort of a concept album, relating aspects of hip-hop culture to food, hence the song titles. Still pretty dope though, the production is very good. Lots of cartoon samples, of course, and some interesting instrumentation. 

Single sleeve packaging, sadly. Most hip-hop albums don't do gatefold packaging. I guess because it would be to expensive to make in mass, since most records in this genre have massive pressing quantities. Very colorful and elaborate artwork, which I love. More pictures with DOOM quotes for the rest of this post.

"He wear a mask just to cover the raw flesh. A rather ugly brother with flows that's gorgeous."
"Got more soul than a sock with a hole."

"Like a cool milk from out the toilet."

"Every week it's mystery meat."


Like most things, you can find this on discogs. Or any rad record stores, like Kims Records on 1st Ave. in Manhattan. 


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment