Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Squatterstomper

Here's another 7" I bought from the crazy awesome Give Praise Records sale. This is a repress that GP and Psychocontrol Records did last year of the Backslider/Chainsaw To The Face split, green marble vinyl, 33 RPM.
Backslider is a band that I haven't gotten the chance to talk about on here, and I really should have. Very underrated heavy-hitters of the underground fastcore scene, but thankfully growing in popularity! They're even playing Maryland Deathfest this year which blows my mind! 12 tracks here in about 4 minutes. Dizzyingly fast and relentlessly changing fastcore; negative lyrics and grunty powerviolence barks, I love this band. From what I've heard, they're new EP should be the best thing they've done so far! I've talked about Chainsaw To The Face before, fastcore with the brutality of bands like Despise You. Much better stuff on here than their "s/t" 7". 
Different artwork for the repress, not so sure how I feel about it. I love the skull, but the rest of it just seems to out of place and contrasting. I'd say I definitely prefer the original cover art with the Friday The 13th image. Dig them saggy titties :p
You can find this split pretty easily. Pick it up, and look out for Backsliders crushing new EP "Maladapted"! I haven't heard anything new from CTTF in a while, I wonder what's up.



~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment